Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Moon Lake

We had a blast at Moon Lake. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed getting away for a few days. Too bad daddy didn't make it with us. He had a big project going on at work at couldn't get away. We still had fun and the girls were so good and didn't want to come home when it was time.
After we got there on Thursday we roasted hot dogs on the fire and headed down to the lake for a while. It wasn't too far away from the cabins but kinda hard trekkin' through all the sand.
The girls took their fishing poles with them and did a bunch of "fishing". They started getting pretty good at casting.


Bry thought she'd give fishing a try too.
That night the girls had smores around the camp fire. Yummy!
On Friday after breakfast we headed down to the lake again. Bry had fun. It was her first camping trip. Dacia was a month old when she went on her first one (cabins of course) and Ashlyn was 4-5 months old when she went on her first camping trip. The hardest part for babies in not being able to get down on the ground and play. When we got home I just let her roll her little heart out on the floor.
Dacia was so cute. My dad found a stick to set his fishing pole on and Dacia confiscated it. She was so sure she was going to catch a fish. I started feeling kinda bad for her, because mommy just left the little rubber fish and princess crown on the girls poles and that's what they were casting out and reeling in for their "fishing". I finally had grandpa put real hooks on for a while for them to try some real fishing.
I took the boat with us. We bought it last summer at Sam's Club and then we bought a little trolling motor from Smith & Edwards. It doesn't go fast but it is fun for the girls. We used it a few times last summer, but Erik was the one that did all the driving and setting up (I was preggo last summer). So with him not there my brother helped me with it but I did most of the driving taking the kids out on the water. I was pretty nervous at first but I soon got the hang of it.


We were down to the water for a couple hours that morning then went back to camp for lunch and some r&r time. Bry enjoyed her 3 hour nap and the girls played. Ashlyn finally settled down long enough and fell asleep on Sydnee's bed and slept for a couple hours.
When we walked into the store for the first time Dacia let out a scream. She seen a badger and we had to explain to her that is was stuffed and not real . She still wouldn't go close to it. My niece Sydnee walked right up to it and petted it. She said it was soft.

After a yummy dinner of ham & dutch oven potatoes we went back down to the water for a while to play again. It was close to Bry's bedtime, so after a bit of fussing she finally sacked out.
The girls had to give "fishing" one last try before we went home.

Our cabins were pretty cool. Ours had a little mini toilet in it. Perfect for the girls, not so perfect for me and my sister. They were decked out in 70's furniture. These are the chairs at our table. Dacia called them fancy chairs.
We had a fun weekend! We were happy to come home and see daddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was a store at Moon Lake. We leave from the trail head to pack the horse into the high Uintahs nearly every year (when it's not on fire, of course). I didn't know there were cabins, until a couple of years ago. Too funny. I thought only us Basinites new about Moon Lake. Guess not. Glad you had fun.

The Hulls said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love being in nature. It looks like a fun place to go.

jen said...

That looks and sounds like alot of fun! We've never been there.