Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Fun!

So we have done a few fun things this month, I just haven't taken the time to blog about it plus, we didn't get good pictures of the activities.
We did go down to Temple Square o see the lights. I think it was actually the first time we have ever taken the girls down (I am not fond of the cold). So we went down at the beginning of the month before it snowed. The weather was perfect. We enjoyed a nice dinner out and then rode trax to the Temple (the girls love trax). The Nativity on the reflecting pool was beautiful. I am so glad we made it down this year.


A couple weeks ago we made gingerbread houses. Not the fake graham cracker kind, but the real ones and not from a kit. The girls love it and I think more candy ends up in their mouth then on the houses.
We were having a hard time this year. The house pieces were too soft and wouldn't stay together.
This is what we came back to after we put the girls to bed. It did not want to stay together.
On Saturday we went on a hay ride through Layton Park. It was super cold, but we bundled up and braved the weather. A few of our neighbors joined us for the evening. After the hay ride we enjoyed a hot soup and bread bowl dinner. Yummy! Then the kids made Christmas trees.


The other kids ate their trees, but my girls had to set them out and save them for Santa.

No comments: