Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dacia's First Day of School

Dacia officially started Kindergarten on Tuesday. She had orientation on Monday the 21st and her kindergarten test on the 23rd. Testing is so funny. Her teacher asked her when her favorite time to read was and Dacia said "5 o'clock". It was cute listening to her answer all the questions. She is so smart and her teacher loves her all ready.




I was totally bummed. I started work on her first day of school. When I accepted the job and they told me I would start on the 29th with my orientation I didn't realize that was Dacia's first day of school. I thought she would have started on Monday not Tuesday.
Erik was a great Mr. Mom for the day. He took the day off work to be with the girls and take Dacia to her first day of school.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Congratulations Dacia! Did you cry Erik? I just about did when I brought Nikelle to school for the first time. She had never been to preschool so it was a big step. Kali is starting preschool this fall and I have a feeling I won't be so sad to have a few hours break!

Peetiedy said...

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I told my mom I won't be one of those moms that cry=0. Well I did fine until she walked through the doors and I started walking to the car. Then I was one of those moms.=0)

Tiana Johnson said...

Wow! School starts early out there! It doesn't start until after labor day here, but I don't have any going into school yet.