Friday, August 29, 2008

Look how gross

(sorry you have to see my stretch marks)

About a week and a half ago I had an itch on my side. I thought my skin was irritated from my g tag rubbing on it. Then a couple days later I got a small cluster of little red dots on my back. We put cortizone cream on it thinking it might be eczema. Then that cluster spread on my back and around my side and front. Then I got little puss bubbles all over the red patches and it itched like crazy. We went down to Erik's parent to do a little research on the computer. We diagnosed it as Shingles and applied alot of calamine lotion and benadryl spray. I finally asked a nurse at work about it and showed her my spots. She said yep that's Shingles, she had them once too. My puss blisters went away and I have a few scabs left. It's a little irritated but nothing like when I first broke out. It will probably leave some scars. Just in case you ever break out like that, you will know what they are.


1 comment:

jen said...

Oh my gosh - I worked with a lady who had those and she was in pain for months. I hope you are ok. Ouch!