We survived our first full month of crazy schedules and babysitting. I watch my neighbors kids on Monday and Wednesday from about 8:30-1:30, some days they come a bit earlier and leave a bit earlier. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I would drop my kids off at 2pm and Erik would pick them up at 5:30 when he got home from work. I was working the 3-11 evening shift until last week.
My ultimate goal was to be at McKay Dee Hospital. So this month I applied for a job on Rehab and had an interview. I was 1 of 20 candidates, but I was hopeful. The interview was on August 6th and went very well. On Monday August 18th I got a call from HR offering me the job. She asked if I was still interested. I hesitated. You see I had another interview the next day on Medical/Oncology that I wanted to go to. After going to my other interview the next day I tried to track down the lady in HR while I was at the hospital to accept the Rehab job. The other interview went well too, but I didn't want to pass up one and not get an offer for the other. I had to leave HR a message and head home. When I got home I had a message from Erik. His boss was offering him a raise and needed him to work evenings and eventually become the Assistant GM. What a blessing, but it just added to my craziness and dilemmas for the day that needed to be worked out. I could not work evenings if Erik was switching to evenings, so I have to switch to days.
I got in touch with the lady at the hospital about the Rehab position I was offered and it was for evenings, so I couldn't accept it. Kinda bummed. And I didn't get an offer from the other interview either.
So last week I was scheduled for evenings but they had a greater need for days so I was able to switch over to days all ready at South Davis. So I work Tuesday and Thursdays days shift. Erik is home with the girls and takes them to the neighbor's house at 1pm when he leaves for work and I pick them up at 4:30 when I get home. They are at the neighbor's the same amount of hours as before. Erik get's to be Mr. Mom a couple days a week and it is nice having him home in the mornings. He actually gets more time with the girls. When he would get home at 5:30 he didn't get much time with them before they had to go to bed. It has been easy on him this week, but next week Dacia goes back to school so he will have to help with carpool.
I am really starting to like South Davis. I am getter more use to the patients and all the machines they are on. Did I ever mention that they have a lot or trach patients and a few on ventilators(life support)? Days aren't so bad to be working. I am up on the pediatric floor so a few of my patients leave to go to school. I will probably keep looking for something a little closer to home, but maybe I can stick it until winter when the new rehab center will be opening right next to us (I could ride my bike to work).
2 comments:
When I did my cna clinicals I did half of them at south davis and there are alot of people with tranchs and on vents there. Our very good friends dad is there right now - I'll have to get you his name so you can take extra good care of him (he is a great guy with a sad disease I just hate to put his name on the blog :)). Has a tranch and is on a vent. He's on the 3rd floor :)
Holy cats! And I thought our lives were busy and hectic. Not so. Sounds like you are handling the stress and craziness well. Good for you!
Post a Comment