A friend of mine recently posted a picture online of a painting project she is working on and she tagged it #therapeuticforme. I read it in shock..really a painting project..therapy. It's so much work. How is that therapy?
Then yesterday I was in a bit of a funk..I don't know why..I just was. Guess what cheers me up when I am in my weird moods? A trip to Home Depot. Which means I am usually buying supplies for a project..which means I use projects to cheer me up. I guess it is therapy for me too.
I started a new project yesterday. First off, let me say Erik was not on board with this project. I sent him a sample picture I found online and he didn't think it would look good. Well, I did it anyways. Erik is not real picky when is comes to decorating and such. I have had two other projects that he was hesitant with and didn't think they would look good. After I finished them he admitted that they ended up looking better than he thought.
Project number one..the kitchen cabinets. I knew the oak needed to go but I didn't know what color.
I went with red..love them...and so did he.
I just realized I don't have a good picture of the whole kitchen. I did a whole little remodel..back splash, new sink and painted the cabinets and added new hardware. I have a few more updates I going to do though, so maybe I will get a picture when I am all done.
Project two the oak railing..black and white. My husband didn't think it would look good but when I finished it, guess what, he likes it.
Which brings me to the project I started yesterday. The third project that Erik hasn't been on board with but I did it and he likes it. When I sent him the picture today he said "you win". Another project that Erik had doubt in that he has ended up admitting that I was right and it looks great.
I love how the door look with the newly painted railing. I decided that as I painted all the doors black I would put on new knobs and hinges too...out with the old gold.
I love house updates and projects...and yes I guess it is therapeutic to me.



1 comment:
At least he can admit when he's wrong :) All of your painting looks good!
Post a Comment