Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Biggest Loser Mom

award goes to....ME
So Tuesday mornings are pretty crazy at our house. The girls have dance class and we spend all morning getting ready. I shower and have to get ready and I bath the girls and get 3 little girls dressed and ready to be out the door at 11:15. We were all ready to go, girls in car seats, crackers in hand to eat in the car, and diaper bag packed and ready to go. One problem, NO car keys. I hurry through the house searching all the normal spots, counter, NO, upstairs, NO and in dirty clothes pockets, NO. I can't find them anywhere. After about 10 minutes looking I get the girls out of their car seats to come inside. The girls help me look for them, somewhat. Half of dance class is over and we still couldn't find them. Dacia said a prayer for us and I got the girls to come upstairs, if we couldn't make it to class, I was going to do warm ups and dance with them. Dacia was still upset and crying and Ashlyn wouldn't do them with me. Then Dacia makes suggestions, maybe we should walk, "It's too far away Dacia" and the tears start again. She settles down. Maybe we should get a map to get there, by that time I had to say "Dacia dance class is over" and the tears started again. I feel terrible. I made my kids miss dance class today. Dacia , my overly sensitive, emotional little girl, will just not be the same today. Now I have to go through the whole house room by room and comb every inch of it looking for keys.




All dressed up, and no place to go.

3 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Check your garbage cans and couches - I still can't find my keys that I lost before we went to Convention, LOL! Hope you find them!

Emily said...

I am sorry. I really hate when that happens. But you know, things happen and it is okay. Just don't tell that to little girl with her heart set on dancing. Or so I have heard.

Elisa said...

Don't worry. We all have days like that and it doesn't mean that you are a loser mom - just that you are normal! It actually makes me feel good to know that I'm not the only one!